The Laboratory is excellently equipped with dozens of major and dedicated instruments essential for investigation of solid surfaces and solid/gas and solid/liquid interfaces. In order to be competitive in the frontier and interdisciplinary areas, the Laboratory has designed and assembled many state-of-art instruments dedicated to special requirements, and has started by two key national instrument projects from NSFC and MOST "Instrumentation and Applications of Plasmonenhanced Raman Spectroscopy" and "Tunable Infrared Laser for Fundamentals of Energy Chemistry”.
- Electronic Spray Ionization Mass Spectrometer for Metal Complexes.
- Electrochemical in-situ and Time-resolved UV/Vis Spectrometer.
- Femtosecond Time-Resolved non-Linear Spectrometer.
- High Sensitivity-Low Energy Ion Scattering Spectrometer.
- Multi-functional in-situ Measurement System for Catalytic Studies.
- Tip-enhanced Raman Spectrometer.
- High Performance Computational Cluster.
- X-ray Photoelectric Spectroscopy: Multilab 2000.
- Superconducting Quantum Interference Device: MPMS-XL-7.
- Electron-Spin Resonance Spectroscopy: EMX-10/12.
- Micropore and Chemisorption Analyzers.
- e-Beam Evaporation System: Temescal FC2000, e-Beam Lithography System.
- Solid-State NMR Spectrometer: Bruker Avance III.
In order to be competitive in the frontier and interdisciplinary areas of high technology researches, the Laboratory has designed and assembled many state-of-art instruments dedicated to special requirements; some are listed below.
- In-situ Electrochemical NMR.
- Time-Resolved Broadband Vibrational Sum-Frequency-Generation Spectroscopy.
- Single Cell Electrochemistry Detection System.
- In-situ IR Reflection Adsorption Spectroscopy-High-Resolution EELS.
- Tip-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy.
- Intergrated Measurement System of Scanning Tunneling Microscope and scanning Micro-Electrode Technique.
- Confined Etchant Layer Technique for the Replication of 3-Dimensional Micro-Patterns.
- Current Cleavage Focusing Electrophoresis System.
These facilities are complemented by the direct access to many large instruments available at the university level. They include Scanning ESCA Microprobe (QUANTUM 2000), Scanning Auger MicroProbe (PHI 660), Fluoromax Spectrofluorometer (FLM-4P), Ultra-High Resolution Hybrid QH-FT Mass Spectrometer (En Apex Ultra 7.0 FT-MS), TEM (FEI Tecnai 30 and JEM-2100), Electron Probe X-ray Microanalysis (JXA-8100),SEM (LEO 1530), and NMR spectrometers (400M/500M/600M).